::: Instruction to Authors
JOURNAL OF Applied SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING (JASE) is included in COMPENDEX PLUS (EI) and SCOPUS, accepting original research articles in all disciplines of science and engineering. Manuscripts are submitted through Online Submission & Peer Review Service for review with the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere. The author(s) will be responsible for proofreading the paper. All copyright ownership of the paper will belong to the Journal once it is published. Additional reprints can be purchased if ordered. JASE-Template Download
1. Cover letter. In the letter four reviewers (with at least two from countries other than yours) should be suggested for your manuscript. Please include up to date information of email address, title, and institution of the suggested reviewers.
2. Article types. Please check the journal's requirements with regards to articles types. Your manuscript may be returned to you if you submit a type of article not accepted by the journal.
3. General. Manuscripts must be in double-spaced one column format with wide margins. A font size of 12 pt is required. To facilitate the review process continuous line numbers should be inserted in the text of the manuscript.
4. Paper Length. The Editors generally encourage brevity for all Research Papers. Research papers should not exceed 7000 words. Word counts include text, references, figures and tables. Each figure or table should be considered equal to 300 words.
5. File format. PDF is the only acceptable format.
6. Manuscript Title page. Including: title and all contact details of the authors (Institution, Full postal address, Fax number and E-mail address) with the corresponding author identified.
7. Abstracts. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words, and should not contain any references.
8. Keywords. 4-6 keywords must be included on a separate line below the main abstract. Avoiding key words already used in the title to optimize searching.
9. Text. All Images, Figures, and tables are embedded in the manuscript file where cited. Follow this order when composing manuscripts: Title, Authors, Affiliations, Abstract, Keywords, Text, Acknowledgements, References, Appendix.
10. Illustrations. All illustrations, including figures and tables, must be professionally rendered and suitable for reproduction. Words, numbers, and symbols should be large and clear enough to remain legible when the figure is reduced to column width (approx. 8 cm). Each table should have a brief, concise title, and indicate units clearly.
11. Equations and Mathematical Formulas. Equations should be typed and numbered serially on the right-hand side by Arabic numerals in parentheses, and camera-ready. Superscripts and subscripts should be indicated clearly.
12. Nomenclature. All symbols and units, English and Greek, should be indicated of their meaning and dimensions in the text and/or in a list in alphabetical order.
13. References. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the references. Please make sure that the references are in Vancouver style and are in the correct order in the text. All references should be indicated consecutively in the text by square brackets (for example, [1-3,5,8-10]). The complete list of references should be collected at the end of the paper in the following form:
 Li, C. W., Benjamin, M. M., and Korshin, G. V., “Use of UV Spectroscopy to Characterize the Reaction between NOM and Free Chlorine,” Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 34, No. 12, pp. 2570-2575 (2000). doi: 10.1021/es990899o
 Benjamin, M. M., Water Chemistry, 1st ed., McGraw-Hill, New York , pp. 121-122 (2002).
 Li, C. W., Chiu, C. H., Lee, Y. C., Chang, C. H., Lee, Y. H., and Chen, Y. M., “Integration of Ceramic Membrane and Compressed Air-Assisted Solvent Extraction (CAXE) for Cr(VI) Recovery,” Proc. of 2008 IWA North American Membrane Research Conference, Amherst, U.S.A., Aug. 10-13, pp. 101-108 (2008).
 Pollard, A., Flow in Tee Junction, Ph. D. Desertation, University of London, London, U.K. (1978).
 Kareem, A and Cheng, C. M., “Across Wind Response Of Towers and Stacks of Circular Cross Section,” Department of Civil Engineering, University of Houston, Report No. UHCE84-6, Houston, TX, U.S.A. (1984).
 Yang, L. J., U.S. Patent 8,033,499B2 (2011).
 Information on http://www.tku.edu.tw
14. Units. Use SI Units.
15. Extra Page Charge Policy. To help defray the rising cost of publication and improve the quality of JASE, some page charge is required for publishing accepted papers.
n The first 8 proof pages including figures, tables and others of each manuscript are provided free of charge
after July 1, 2016. Two hardcopies of JASE and the PDF file will be respectively sent to the corresponding
author after the official publication.
n For the subsequent pages after eight, author(s) will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover
publications costs. Each extra page will be charged for US $65/per page or NTD $2000/per page.
n If the authors do not have funds to cover such fees, they need to shorten their paper’s length in time.